Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

First Responder Fee or Medical Billing Questions

Emergency Medical Services are billed to patients or their insurance company. Not all insurances will reimburse for these services.

East Contra Costa Fire Protection District currently contracts with Intermedix, to provide billing services.

For EMS billing questions please contact Intermedix at:

(888) 828-8036.

Payments should be made payable to East Contra Costa Fire Protection District and mailed to:

East Contra Costa FPD

7900 NW 154th Street Ste 201

Miami Lakes, FL 33016


How do I obtain a burn permit?

In order to conduct a legal open burn, you need to obtain a burn permit from E.C.C.F.P.D.

In addition, you must complete the requirements as required by the Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD).

For more information, application and fees please visit our Burn Permit Information Page 


How do I get a Fire Report?

For an official Fire Report:

Contact the Administration Office at (925) 634-3400 for details. 

Mail your request to:


150 City Park Way

Brentwood, CA 94513.

There is a fee of $0.25 per page for this request. 


Do you take fireworks for disposal?

No. Please contact the Administration Office at (925) 634-3400 for details. Select option "0" for the operator.


How can we get a fire engine out to a community event?

At this time DUE TO COVID the district is not taken request's for a fire engine for a community event.


Can I schedule a ride-along with the Fire District or a Station Visit

How do I schedule a Fire Station Tour?

At this time DUE TO COVID the district is not doing:

RIde along, Station Tours or Drop Ins


For Non-Emergency & Fire Alarm Testing, who do we notify?

Please contact the Communications Center at (925) 941-3330 about your fire alarm test


Do you rescue animals?

No. Please contact Animal Services at (925) 608-8400


Some additional Emgency Contact Information Number:

Life Threatening Emergency: 9-1-1

Poison Control Center: (800) 222-1222

American Red Cross: (888) 443-5722

Hazardous Materials Issues: (925) 335-3200

Contra Costa County Office of Emergency Services (CCC OES): (925) 646-4461                                                                                              


What do I do if I smell a strange odor in the air outdoors? or In my building?

You can call Bay Area Air Quality Management at (800) 334-6367 for odors in the air outdoors.

If there are suspect odors inside your place of business or residence contact our Communications Center at (925) 941-3330. If you believe the odor is smoke or is may cause a health emergency, call 9-1-1.


Do you  install child safety seats?


For a complete list of local agencies that offer car seat inspections please go to: